Mohamed Amine Gharbi
Ph.D. in Physics of Condensed Matter (10/2008-02/2012).
University of Montpellier, Montpellier, France.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Oracle Fellowships to support Elizabeth George and Erik Drybread in their research activities in our Lab
- NBIC Award (10/2014): NBIC Award for the best Artistic Image. The Nano/Bio Interface Center. University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- OIST Travel Award (06/2014): Workshop on “Dynamics at Interfaces”. The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Japan
- Graduate Research Fellowship (10/2008-09/2011): Allocation Ministérielle de Recherche. French Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- Teaching Fellowship (09/2009-09/2011): Allocation Ministérielle d'Enseignement: French Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- CNRS Travel Award (01/2010): CNRS/GDR on Microfluidics. 2nd Advance School on microfluidics, CNRS, France
- Teaching Fellowship (09/2007-08/2008): Contract SIVP: Tunisian Department of Vocational Training and Employment
Previous Research Experience
- Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Physics. Brandeis University, USA: 01/2017-12-2017.
- Visiting Beamline Scientist, Advanced Photon Source at Argonne National Labratory, USA: 11/2014, 03/2015, 08/2015, 11/2015.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Physics and the Department of Chemistry. McGill, Canada: 08/2014-12/2016.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Physics & Astronomy (DRL), the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (CBE), and the Department of Materials Science & Engineering (LRSM). University of Pennsylvania, USA: 11/2011-07/2014.
- Graduate Research Assistant in the "Laboratoire Charles Coulomb". University of Montpellier II/ (CNRS), France: 10/2008-10/2011.
Previous Teaching Experience
- Lecturer in Physics (Fall 2016): Department of Physics, McGill University, Canada.
- Guest Lecturer (01/2016 & 04/2015): Department of Chemistry & Department of Physics, McGill University, Canada.
- Specialized Tutor of Physics (Fall 2014): McGill Tutorial Service, McGill University, Canada
- Guest Lecturer (02/2013 & 02/2014): Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Teaching Assistant of Physics (09/2009-09/2011): Department of Physics, University of Montpellier II, France. Teaching Fellowship (Allocation Ministérielle d'Enseignement): French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
Organized Conferences and Chaired Sessions
6- Organizer of the "Sound Bites" Session at the 72nd New England Complex Fluids Workshop on 22 September 2017. Brandeis University.
5- Chair of the Session R2-1 “Computational condensed matter” at the CAP 2016 Congress at the University of Ottawa. The Division of Condensed Matter and Materials Physics (DCMMP). Ottawa, Canada ( June 13, 2016 - June 17, 2016).
4- Liquid Crystal Journal Club co-founder and organizer for students and postdocs in physics and engineering departments. University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, USA (2014-2015).
3- 88th ACS 2014 Colloid & Surface Science Symposium. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (June 22-June 25). Session: Particles in interfaces, fields and liquid crystals. Co-organized with Prof. Tony Dinsmore (U. Massachusetts Amherst) and Prof. Chris Santangelo (U. Massachusetts Amherst).
2- Chair of the Session: Particles in interfaces, fields and liquid crystals at the 88th ACS 2014 Colloid & Surface Science Symposium. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (June 22-June 25).
1- Member of the jury of the best poster prize for the 88th ACS 2014 Colloid & Surface Science Symposium. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (June 22-June 25).
- Peer-reviewer for Scientific reports
- Peer-reviewer for Soft Matter Journal
- Peer-reviewer for RSC Advances Journal
- Peer-reviewer for The European Journal of Physics E
- Peer-reviewer for Langmuir journal
- Peer-reviewer for Physical Review E Journal
- Peer-reviewer for Materials Journal
- Peer-reviewer for Optics Letters
- Data Science Foundations, Level 1. Issued by IBM. Skills: Understanding of the possibilities and opportunities that data science, analytics and big data bring to new applications in any industry.
- Big Data – Fundamentals. Issued by IBM. Skills: Big Data and Hadoop.